Updates and News (In Which I Whine)
Hey, Faithful Readers
Contrary to popular belief, Jon Bon Jovi and I aren’t dead. I have just been stricken with a really bad case of pregnancy-related Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, and since I have edema now, it’s gotten a lot worse. This is what I look like when I attempt to use my hands:
Here is a whiny update on me life:
- Currently 37w6d pregnant
- Baby dropped at 32w
- Last fibroid ultrasound at 34w came back clear. They can’t find Kermit (the fibroid under my placenta), so they think it won’t be an issue during labour.
- Iron levels have risen, but combined with fibroids, I might be at risk for post-partum bleeding.
- Pre-labour has started. I’m pretty much spotting every day now. Only time I have ever been happy to see spotting.
- Am currently having a lot of pelvic and back discomfort as my pelvis opens up. To the lady who found my blog by searching for “I am pregnant with twins and cannot walk“, I feel your pain. There is no position – sitting, standing, lying down – that isn’t guaranteed agony. I am ready for this baby to be born. Whenever you’re ready, kid.
- Sister had her baby boy, born Christmas Day. He has spent the past week or so in the hospital while they monitor him. He is full term, but had a few minor health issues they wanted to watch. Today, Milk and I get to meet him for the first time and we will be driving them home.
- Despite the whiny nature of this post, I am actually very happy and excited to meet the Fifth Equestrian of the Apocalypse.
I am hoping that the swelling in my wrists and hands goes down fairly quickly after the birth, so I can start blogging and commenting again. I do read your blogs, though, so I am keeping up with the news.
Now I have to go put my wrist braces on, and fade back into the ether like a ninja.
A waddly penguin ninja.